Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 22, 2012

January 23, 2011 - Week 3 of Transfer 17

One month left... now I must reply 23 months when I am asked, "how long have you been out?" We are asked that question at least 20 times a day, I am also sick of saying "Alberta, Canada". Only in Utah would you be asked at every single door step those two questions!

Thanks for the emails this week, I loved the updates and look forward to helping the family when I come home. Dad thanks for lining up a job for when I return home, that really is blessing. So many return missionaries I meet out here are struggling finding jobs and end up going crazy with all the free time. Getting right into the swing of things will be the best.

Sunday as always was an excellent day. We spoke in one of our stronger wards and had several investigators attend. Cam and Ryan Keys received the Aaronic Priesthood and asked that Elder Mayo and myself to perform the ordination, that was my first time actually being voice while someone was receiving the Priesthood. Cameron is 19 so he was able to stand in the circle as we conferred upon his brother Ryan the Priesthood. After the ordinance Cam said, "Wow I have never felt a power like that before". I love this family and cannot wait to introduce you to them. Each day Karen Keys sends us a text message with an update and some new miracle that has come as a result of living the Gospel.

This coming weekend we should have a few baptisms and both the families have had big changes happen. The Lopez family consisted of a less-active mother, two less-active daughters and the youngest daugther and father un-baptized. We have been teaching the family except for the father, he dodges us as much as possible. But at first we were trying to squeeze lessons in once a week and maybe pop our head in through the door periodically. In the fast few weeks the attitude as completely changed. The daughter finished her 150 page "Book of Mormon Stories", the mother is flying through Book of Mormon herself, they are attending church each week and the list goes on! On Saturday all of them, except for the father, attended an hour Book of Mormon fireside! Last night they went with us to the seminary fireside! The mother has met with the Bishop and is preparing to enter the temple, and now the father is just starting to ask questions to his wife. He will come and follow as the family leads. The change in his attitude is huge and it just feels so good.

It was a packed week but nothing to intense to share. Elder Mayo went downtown to Salt Lake Temple for new missionaries but the temple was closed, so President Miller made a few phone calls and in the end a general authority gave them a tour of the church vaults! I was extremely jealous of Elder Speigner and Elder McKinney, those lucky boys. We will chat with you next week and I hope all goes well, I always keep you and the needs of the family in my prayers.

Elder Pizzey.

No comments:

Post a Comment