Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012 - Week 1 of Transfer 17

The last transfer has come and it pass away like it were as unto a dream! I can't believe that you have been a Utah for the past week, that would never fly except with a Utah mission. Kensey and Alex look sharp and are a beautiful couple, very jealous but thats OK I will be following not to far behind! You are nuts for driving to 11400th and 700th! Especially during the day, what time was that at? That is literally right next to our house. We live just north and west of that intersection. Every second morning we run along that river you drove over. 

Taylor Summers is one of the greatest ward mission leaders I have served with. Mom you looked great with him but dad I am not sure if I support the suit jacket... Its a little funky and not with the times. I will have to help you out when I get home.

Our area suffered slightly from Christmas and New Years but it so back on board now. This past week was very successful. We currently have twelve people scheduled with baptismal dates and we had ten people attend sacrament yesterday. This Thursday Cam (19yr) and Ryan (13yr) Keys will be getting baptized at 7:00pm. We have become way close to this family and the Lord has worked miracles in their hearts. We hope to begin teaching their brother Trevor (17yr) who hasn't expressed any interest until yesterday and motivating Cam to serve a mission.

Saturday morning we began teaching married couple who are in their late 20's, Lindsay (nice name). He served a mission and is currently less active and his wife wants to be baptized but will not until he picks it up. The Bishop has been trying to work with him for a while and he just keeps dragging his feet. Long story short... The spirit told us to unleash and so we did. He needs to attend sacrament meeting 6 weeks in a row before he can be back in full fellowship and baptize his wife. Sadly I won't be in the mission when she gets baptized, but that's OK!

Scripture study is excellent. I have been studying and learning alot about the plan of salvation, mainly about the resurrection and the promise of Eternal Life. Elder Mayo's scripture study has completely changed! At first it was really boring for him and he could hardly stay awake. It was the same for me but I had a great trainer who lit sparks that catched my interest here and there, and quick enough I was on my way finding little "golden nuggets of truth". Now I'm doing the same with Elder Mayo and he is beginning to discover daily in the scriptures. He will be an excellent missionary. We get along very well and enjoy each others friendship. I am grateful for this opportunity to train, it has topped off my mission. I am learning much.

Love Elder Pizzey.

No comments:

Post a Comment