Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 3, 2012

Myself (Blake's mom) and his Dad and sister Paige, were in Utah this past week for our niece Kensey's wedding.  Very strange to be so close, but so far!  Time is going by so quickly!


January 3, 2011 - Week 6 of Transfer 16

It has been a solid week and many great things have happened. First I can't believe you are in Taylorsville! That is so close, what church building did you meet at? I could tell you the Stake if I had the address. Yikes that's weird but I hope that you have an enjoyable time here, I love Utah and it will always be a sacred land to me.

I apologize for not writing yesterday, we literally had no time. We moved homes yesterday and it was a full day of going all over the place. Back and forth to the mission office then back to the old place to deep clean and so on. We left the Morrill's (older couple) home, they were the greatest people, and headed over to the Berg's home on the corner of 11400 South and 700 West, which over looks the Jordan River. If you end up visiting Sister Park just know that we live basically one mile east (she is in a different zone though, we would never go over there) and that is very close! Our new home is by far the nicest home I've had on my mission, they spoil us here in Utah. We have a complete walk out basement apartment to our selves. It has a full kitchen, huge living room, bedroom, walk in in shower, our own laundry machines and 12 foot ceilings! It’s outrageous and alot different from the last place we were living which were quite humble circumstances.

New years eve was my last Mission conference I will ever experience... sad sad. Hearing from Elder Russel M. Nelson was a blessing, he is full of the pure love of Christ and you can feel it as he speaks. As I shook Sister Nelson's hand she said, "Elder Pizzey! From Edmonton Alberta right?" Quickly I put it together and remembered she was related to President Card, I can't wait to see him by the way. Sister Nelson addressed us first and spoke on the importance of serving not after the manner of men but after the manner of God. Elder Nelson led a discussion and expounded on what his wonderful wife shared. I loved the message, that is mortal knowledge and mortal wisdom cannot understand the ways of God! For His ways are higher than ours. After the Nelson's left we were too, as usual for mission conferences, change into "normal clothes" and hang out at the Sandy Institute. May I add it was nice not having to worry about anything! We chose to play basketball and got an intense game of winners going on.

The next day we spoke three times and I'm so grateful we did, it is helping Elder Mayo grow big time. He gets up there and goes at it for awhile then I come up behind him and pick up the remaining time whether its 25 minutes or 10 minutes. President and Sister Miller somehow knew we were speaking and called us asking for an address. They tried to stay hidden in the congregation of our last talk but we didn't allow them to. We notified the Bishop and he invited President Miller to share his testimony. I love them dearly and wish for you to meet them. Sister Miller's face while we spoke lit up with a smile from one side to the other, like a proud parent. They have effected my life and I owe them much.

Enjoy Utah! You should call President and Sister Miller and see if you can visit them, or at least Sister Miller. Go visit the mission home that is my old stomping grounds, I used to just walk in the door and go straight to the cupboard. I surely do love you mom and dad, you have blessed me greatly and raised a wonderful family. I look forward to being in your presence shortly, now lets press forward until that day!

Love Elder Pizzey

No comments:

Post a Comment