Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012 - Week 5 of Transfer 17
Two weeks left, that is intense... As always I loved your letters, mom you are hilarious and make me laugh. I am sure Macy has no clue that I am coming home! Dad your probably right I could use some help in that department when I get home (He is referring to the dating scene).

Well I have two weeks to pound Elder Mayo to the ground and pump him with what the Lord has taught me. If you could please say some additional prayers for our companionship! Pray for the Walter's that they will get baptized on February 18th, they are a family we are teaching. Currently half the family wants to get baptized and the other half is becoming lazy and not keeping commitments, just not acting. I want to leave Elder Mayo with some much work he can't handle it! Pray that we will have miracles, that we will find new families, that we will find those who can receive the Priesthood and help establish the church. Thank you!

President Boyd K. Packer is a well full of water, so much knowledge! I have been had some unreal experiences with General Authorities and specifically Apostles on my mission. We sat in the very front row on the left hand side. He rolled right in front of us, was assisted as he walked up the stairs and then sat for nearly two hours ten feet right in front of us. President Miller knows him quite well because President Miller's brother served in the First Quorum of the Seventy back in the day. His son, Elder Allen Packer, attended as well, he is currently serving as a General Authority in the Seventy. All three of them sat on the stand so comfortably with each other and spoke with portable mics due to President Packer's health. The polio he had as a child is coming back and slowly taking him but the Lord keeps sustaining him. It was a open meeting and we could ask him anything. I asked him about the relationship between the Second Comforter and the sacrament prayers. Really my question was about taking upon you the name of Christ and at what point does that actually happen. I got a legit response.

President Miller called me Tuesday and invited me to attend the zone leader council. If you remember from last year we had a ZLC up in Park City at President's brothers cabin, well President did it again. It felt so nice to be with the "council" again and with all my mission friends, I love many of the missionaries in our mission. It felt like a holiday as we were gone from 6:00am to 9:30pm. We had delicious food, trainings, councils, sledding, more food and some excellent studies. President Miller ended the night training on the Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood, my mouth was watering the entire time. As for the council, there were some good decisions made by zone leaders that day. Each transfer the mission is becoming closer and closer to a "Preach My Gospel mission". Taking out anything above Preach My Gospel and implementing anything we don't do which is found in PMG.

This past week we started teaching a couple in an assisted living complex that is in our area. Richard and Grace Neel, they are 86 and 82 years old but sure quick for there age! It is much fun teaching them, mainly because we get to scream as we teach due to their lack of hearing. We’re teaching them daily and can track them down whenever we want, they aren't going anywhere. Might I add each visit we snake a free hot chocolate and popcorn bag on the way out of the complex, we love teaching them daily. We are getting them the extra-large copies of the Book of Mormon, those 12 by 9 inch bad boys. Richard is all game for baptism on February 19th and Grace is originally Methodist so she is seeking the Lord's help on this decision. We love the Neel's, they brighten our day.

Have a wonderful week and I'll see you shortly! Love your boy and soon to be released missionary...
Elder Pizzey.

No comments:

Post a Comment