Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 13, 2012

Possibly our last post from Blake, he arrives homes Thursday, February 23, 2012!

February 13, 2012 - Week 6 of Transfer 17
So is this the last email home or am I expected to email next week? I will log on next week and see if you send me anything I guess. I can't believe it has winded to an end, it still hasn't hit me. On another note, I am cracking up about Mitch and Brad, that story defines them. I wish I could have joined. When they get on talk shows they need to open up and say they are "mormon", if they do their story will get much bigger and spread faster. To funny!

As for my week the work has been great, thanks for your prayers. In that picture Sister Curlleti sent you, you saw Trevor and his brother Cam. I love their family! My last night in the mission I will be eating dinner at their house. This coming weekend we will be having four baptisms, possibly five. The Walter family are on track and doing well! Philip, the 17 year old son had a change of heart and is now getting baptized with his sisters Sunday night. Richard Neel (82 yrs) will be baptized that same night by his son. If Richard's wife Grace can open her heart and feel the spirit confirm to her that what we taught is true she will be entering the water with him! We found out that Grace is actually 90 years old and with that age she is fairly stuck in her ways.

We did speak this past week in two different wards, both of them I just went up their and taught by the spirit (one for 20 mins and the othe 15 mins), I think they went OK. One of the talks was in our favorite ward of the area the Crescent View 30th ward. The Keys family live in that ward. Ryan Keys passed the sacrament, Trevor was welcomed into the ward and Cam blessed the sacrament. All were involved but the mother, Karen! So I called her up during my talk to share her testimony (I warned her before). She came up and said in a humble and quiet manner, "I told Elder Pizzey I couldn't share all that has happened in the past few weeks briefly but if I can say it in a few words it is, I know this church is true because of the spirit I have felt while reading the Book of Mormon and all that has happened to my family. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." She said it with such a sincere heart and everyone could feel the power of God. I love the Lord. Thank you mom and dad and I will see you next week.

Love Elder Pizzey.

No comments:

Post a Comment